Saturday 20 March 2010

Success!

My first term at Le Cordon Bleu is over. I have almost graduated, and although I don't know my final mark, I do know that my exam dish was awarded 77.5%. Yes!

The ticket I picked was the roast beef, which was the easiest of the three, and being my first exam where beef has ever featured, I did pretty well. My only downfall was being so terrified of over cooking the meat that it came out very, very pink, rather than the medium-rare I was going for. But the chefs comments were great, everything tasted lovely and the only additional comment they had was that the beans were presented slightly over the inner rim of the plate. And luckily I can live with that.

Looking back over the past term, I really have come a long way. In the first practical I was slightly stressed out by cutting lots of vegetables, with a time pressure, and surrounded by nine other people who might be going faster than me. And now... Well, I'm not Gordon Ramsay, but I'm so much better than I was, and looking forward to my Patisserie course that starts in two weeks.

And in the meantime, I'll share a little of what I learnt in my next post.

No comments: